Our exercise physiology service assists in the treatment of chronic health conditions, injuries and disease using exercise as medicine. Using evidence-based research we design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, illness, injuries or disabilities. We focus on preventing, rehabilitating and managing disease, injury or disability by guiding you through specific exercises aimed at restoring you to your optimal level of health.
You might see an Exercise Physiologist to…
- Improve your posture, gait and running technique.
- Help in the rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries or conditions.
- Assist in the management of cardiovascular and/or metabolic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension or coronary heart disease.
- Education and guidance around appropriate exercise prior, during and post cancer treatment.
- Overcome chronic pain.
- Improve the management of mental health conditions.
- Lifestyle education to manage health conditions.